Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wicked Lovely


I have just read the Wicked Lovely series. I loved it! I can't wait for the next one to come out although I have no idea when that will happen seeing as the 3rd one just came out this year. But the good news is that each book came out in 3 consecutive years so hopefully it won't be more than a year before the next one comes out. 

I will give a little review of the three books trying to not spoil anything for those who have not read it yet. 

These are my first books that I have read about Faeries. I did not know if I was going to like them or not. I normally don't read fantasy/fairy tale books. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked them. 

These stories are almost a continuation of each other. It is as if they are one story in three separate book. Although I say this, each book has it's own plot. There are the same characters in all three books, the stories are in accord with each other, (I hate it when I read a series and there are facts that are not the same in each book) but the plot changes. 

The gist of the plot is that there is a girl who can see Faeries. She has grown up her whole life in fear of them and her grandmother warns her to stay away from them, for certain reasons unbeknownst to the main heroine. 
This is also a love story. The heroine, Aislinn, is in a relationship with a boy which turns into a love triangle. Although this love that she has for the boy and the love that he has for her is an amazing love. It makes me want that. I love how he loves her. I will not get into the love triangle part of this story although it is a reoccurring theme throughout the books. 
Aislinn tries to keep her mortal friends from entering this faery world because she has seen many things that goes on there and it scares her. She fear for her friends, family and loved ones. 
Read these stories if you want a good fantasy/fairy tale full of love, suspense and good faery fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment